FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Do you ship internationally? No, we are able to ship only within Canada at this time. We have distributors in many different countries. For more info, visit our Glen Breton availability page.
- Where can I buy Glen Breton in the U.S.A? We have distributors in several U.S. States. We are working hard to increase distribution. Please see this link to find a list of distributors and stores. We have been told by several customers they were able to order Glen Breton from at least one of the stores listed on this page and have it shipped to them from within the U.S.A.
- How will I know if my order has been shipped? You will receive an email from our automated system when a shipping label has been created for your order. This email will include your tracking number.
- Why do you charge 15% HST (Harmonized Sales Tax) if I live in another province where we have a different GST/Provincial tax rate? All our sales have to occur in Nova Scotia, regardless of where you live. We can not reduce the sales tax on your order.
- How long will it take to receive my order? Items usually ship within a few days. You can expect delivery in approximately 7 - 14 days from date of shipping.
- What happens if there is damage to my shipment? Our items are packaged with great care and we have had very few issues with breakage or damage. If you have any issues, please contact us and we will make it right.
- I have a question about my order. Who do I call? You may reach us by email at email@example.com or 902-468-6516 (corporate office).
- I am sending a gift and want to surprise the recipient. Do your boxes have your name and logo on them? Will the box have the cost of the item inside? Our boxes do not usually have our name printed on the side but do have the name Glenora on the mailing label. We do not usually place a receipt in the box but can put a note inside if you request it. If we notice that the "Bill to" and "Ship to" addresses/addressee are different we will put a packing list in the box so the recipient will know who sent them the order.
- We would like to create a corporate gift or whisky with our own logo or brand. Is that something Glenora Distillery can do? Yes! We have done many private label bottlings. See this link for more information and Contact us for more information.
- Do you sell used whisky barrels? Yes, we sell our used barrels when available. Contact us for pricing and availability.
- Do you sell full whisky casks? Yes. You can purchase a full whisky cask and we can bottle and ship the product to you with your own label. Please visit this link to request more information.
- What is the difference between single malt whisky and Scotch? The word "Scotch" refers to single malt whisky made in Scotland. Even if a product has the same ingredients and process, it can not be called Scotch unless it is made in Scotland. Hence Glen Breton is NOT Scotch, it is a Canadian single malt whisky.
- Where and how is Glen Breton whisky aged? Glen Breton is made in our distillery in Glenville, Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia, Canada. It is aged in once used American oak bourbon barrels. We were the first single malt whisky distillery in North America.
- What ingredients used to make Glen Breton Rare whisky? There are three ingredients - barley, yeast and water.
- Is Glen Breton chill-filtered?
irst of all, the process itself. It occurs before bottling and consists, as the name suggests, of chilling the whisky down to a low temperature (often around 0C, sometimes even lower), then – before it has the chance to warm up again – passing the liquid through a filter to pick up tiny particles.