Worthy Single Malt Whisky for the Royal Canadian Armoured Corps
10 Year old, 43% Alcohol/volume, 750ml
Special Edition for the Royal Canadian Armoured Corps.
For each bottle of Worthy sold, $5 will go to the Armoured Branch Trust of the Royal Canadian Armoured Corps Association (Cavalry) to support the objectives of the Trust which are:
- Preservation of the Corps heritage, notably the historic collection named in Worthy's honour;
- Fostering and supporting the well-being of the regiment and the RCAC School, and;
- Maintaining the grave site of MGen and Mrs. F.F. Worthington at Camp Borden.
MGen F.F. Worthington
- First commandant of the Canadian Tank School (later renamed as the Corps School) 1936-1940
- Drafted and implemented the plan to create the Canadian Armoured Corps, 13 August 1940
- Commander 1st Canadian Army Tank Brigade, 1941
- Commander 4th Canadian Armoured Division, 1942-1944
- First and longest serving Colonel Commandant of the Royal Canadian Armoured Corps
His nickname, "Worthy," became the motto of the Corps that he founded.
MGen F.F. Worthington
- Premier commandant de l'École canadianne de chars (rebaptisé plus tard École du Corps blindé) 1936-1940
- Élaboration et mise en oeuvre du plan du création du Corps blindé canadien, 13 août 1940
- Commandant de la 1re Brigade blindée d l'Armée canadienne, 1941
- Commandant de la 4e Division blindée canadienne, 1942-1944
- Premier colonel commandant du Corps blindé royal canadien et celui qi a occupé ce poste le plus longtemps, 1948-1967
Son surnom de "Worthy" est devenu la devise du Corps qu'il a fondé.
This whisky is of excellent quality for the price. I immediately ordered a second bottle.
My review is confined to the presentation of the product and the packaging for shipment. We have not yet sampled the product but are expecting a stellar product. Presentation of this product is outstanding and first class. The box is excellent and includes a high quality glossy label. The bottle is similarly done to a high standard. The bottle was shipped quickly and communication with the distillery was quick and kept us up to date on its progress. The shipment was well protected and arrived without issue. I purchased this as a gift to my son as I am not a whiskey drinker but will be buying a bottle of my own i the future to display because of the high quality of this product. Highly recommended!
As an ex RCAC solider I think this is FANTASTIC!!! The product is always QUALITY and the bonus of "worthy" well that is the icing on the cake